Common Indoor Air Pollutants & Allergies
At Faszold Heating & Cooling, we know that our customers deserve clean air in their homes for the safety and comfort of their families. That’s why we proudly offer comprehensive indoor air quality services to St. Charles and St. Louis Counties residents. With more than 40 years in the business, we have the knowledge and experience to ensure that your home has superior indoor air quality to keep your family healthy and safe from various pollutants and allergies. With upfront pricing and no-pressure sales, there’s never been a better time to invest in your home’s air quality.
Indoor Air Pollutants & Allergies
While living in Missouri, homeowners experience the season to their fullest. With a wide variety of trees and plant life, those seasonal changes can wreak havoc on your allergies. Even when winter gives you a break from outdoor allergies, indoor allergens like dust mites and mold increase.
In Missouri, the most common allergens change depending on the season:
- Summer: From May to July, Missouri experiences significant grass allergies, including ryegrass, timothy, Bermuda, bent, fescue, and orchard grass.
- Fall: August through winter’s first frost is considered weed allergy season in Missouri, with allergens including ragweed, pigweed, thistle, and marsh elder.
- Winter: Missouri winters mean a break from pollen, but an increase in indoor allergens, including dust mites, mold, cockroaches, and pet dander.
- Spring: From February to May, Missouri has its tree allergy season with allergies from oak, hickory, ash, walnut, cedar, elm, cottonwood, and maple trees.
Signs You Have Indoor Air Pollutants & Allergens
It may be difficult to tell the quality of your indoor air. However, there are some common signs that you may be exposed to indoor air pollutants and allergens:
- Musty odor: A musty smell is a sign that you have mold and mildew, which thrive in moist and dark environments.
- Increase dust: More dust means more dust mites, pollen, and other allergens settling onto your furniture and other surfaces.
- Stains on walls and ceilings: Dark spots indicate mold growth, making your indoor air unsafe to breathe.
- Allergy symptoms: Coughing, sneezing, itchy eyes, or a runny nose may indicate that you’re being exposed to allergens inside the home.
Dealing With Seasonal Allergies
While you may not be able to change the quality of your outdoor air, you can do something about the air quality in your home. Consider installing a HEPA filter on your HVAC to reduce pollen circulation and replace your filters often. You can also install a whole-house dehumidifier to remove excess moisture from your air, allowing mold and mildew to reproduce quickly.
Reduce the Effects of Allergens by Installing An Air Purifier
To best protect your family from allergens inside the home, call Faszold for the installation of a whole-home air purifier. These systems work to remove contaminants from your home’s air and can catch pollutants that are too small for traditional HVAC filters to remove. Our REME HALO® air purifiers offer the next generation of indoor air quality technology and can remove up to 99.9% of dust, pollen, and allergens from your home to give you fresh, odor-free air.
We also install the Air Scrubber by Aerus, which provides Missouri homeowners with the most advanced surface and air purification technology to eliminate bacteria, viruses, mold, and fungi.
Choose Faszold for Air Quality Solutions
To ensure your home is safe from indoor air pollutants and allergens, trust the team at Faszold. With an A+ BBB rating, we’re the top-rated local HVAC company in St. Charles and St. Louis Counties on Google. We’re licensed, bonded, and insured to provide you with the highest quality service for your HVAC, and with easy service scheduling and fast turnaround, your indoor air will be fresh and clean in no time.
To schedule the installation of an air purifier or discuss your indoor air quality options, call us today at (314) 656-7399 or contact us online!
Fill out the form below, and one of our team members will reach out to you shortly!
Become a Part of the Faszold Family
Sign Up for the Faszold Club Membership Program
- Significant energy savings
- Prevents equipment breakdowns
- Extends the life span of HVAC systems
- Discounts on repairs
- Priority service