What Is a Water Softener & How Does It Work?
While it may not be at the top of your priority list, installing a water softener offers many benefits. To determine if a water softener is right for you, it’s essential to familiarize yourself with said benefits and inspect the condition of the water you use daily, whether for consumption or cooking, cleaning, or the like.
What Is a Water Softener?
Simply put, a water softener is a filtration system for the whole house. It performs an ion exchange to remove various minerals like calcium and magnesium. Water flows through sodium ion-charged resin beads inside a mineral tank; calcium and magnesium both have a positive charge and are attracted to the positive charge of the resin beads. As the water passes through, the beads grab ahold of the minerals, and sodium ion is released, stripping the hardness from the water. Hard water can lead to various issues for yourself and your home’s appliances and should be addressed immediately.
Signs Your Home Needs a Water Softener Installed
If your home’s water is full of hardening minerals, it’s time to consider having a water softener installed. Some signs a water softener is needed include:
- Excessive soap scum: No matter how well you clean, hard water can result in soap buildup in your tub or shower.
- Dry, itchy skin: Have you noticed that your skin is abnormally itchy, or your eyes are dry and red? This could be because of hard water.
- Spotty dishes: Hard water often leaves mineral deposits behind, resulting in spots on your dishes or dishes that don’t seem to get clean.
- Dull, stiff clothing: Hard water can make your laundry fade, stiff, and uncomfortable.
What To Expect After Installing One?
When you have a water softener professionally installed in your Missouri home, you can expect to reap a list of perks. From saving money to improving your skin, hair, and nails, water softeners are something anyone can benefit from. The difference can be seen immediately!
Benefits of Installing a Water Softener in Your Home
Some of the many benefits that come with a water softener include:
- Better skin: Softened water will lead to softer, clearer skin. Itchiness and dryness will be limited.
- Improved taste: Often, hard water can result in discolored, off-tasting water; a water softener will reverse this.
- Heightened appliance performance: Soft water is much easier on your appliances and pipes and will help prevent plumbing problems resulting from scale buildup.
- Money savings: If appliances like your water tank must work harder to function properly due to hard water’s effects, you’ll spend more each month. Soft water allows your appliances to operate correctly, saving you money in the long run.
Why Choose Faszold?
For over 40 years, Faszold has provided Missouri residents with plumbing services they can depend on. We are an A+ BBB-rated and locally top-rated company that offers the best products and services. We also offer upfront, transparent pricing and no-pressure sales, and our technicians are factory-trained and equipped to tackle anything you need. We provide easy service scheduling and fast service turnaround alongside We are here to answer your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Fill out the form below, and one of our team members will reach out to you shortly!
Become a Part of the Faszold Family
Sign Up for the Faszold Club Membership Program
- Significant energy savings
- Prevents equipment breakdowns
- Extends the life span of HVAC systems
- Discounts on repairs
- Priority service